Cryptocurrencies on the Stellar Network
The Stellar network is a decentralized platform that allows for the creation and transfer of digital assets, including cryptocurrencies and tokens. In this article, we will take a closer look at some of the most popular crypto coins and tokens on the Stellar network. Here are some of the major benefits of the Stellar Network for cryptocurrency:
- Fast and low-cost transactions: The Stellar Network is designed to facilitate fast and low-cost transactions, which makes it an attractive option for individuals and businesses that need to transfer funds quickly and efficiently. The network can handle up to 4,000 transactions per second, and the average transaction fee is just 0.00001 XLM, which is a fraction of a cent.
- Secure and reliable: The Stellar Network uses a distributed ledger to record all transactions, which makes it highly secure and resistant to hacking and fraud. The network is also highly reliable, with a 99.9% uptime, which means that it is available and functioning almost all of the time.
- Decentralized: The Stellar Network is a decentralized platform, which means that it is not controlled by any central authority or organization. Instead, it is run by a network of nodes that work together to validate transactions and maintain the integrity of the network. This decentralization helps to ensure that the network is not vulnerable to any single point of failure, and that it is not subject to the whims of any central authority.
- Cross-border payments: The Stellar Network is designed to facilitate cross-border payments, which makes it an attractive option for individuals and businesses that need to transfer funds across borders. The network allows users to send and receive funds in any currency, and it automatically converts the funds to the recipient’s currency, which makes it easier to conduct international transactions.
- Asset issuance: The Stellar Network allows users to issue their own digital assets, including cryptocurrencies and tokens. This makes it easier for businesses and individuals to create their own unique assets, which can be used for a variety of purposes, including fundraising, loyalty programs, and investments.
The Stellar Network offers several major benefits for cryptocurrency, including fast and low-cost transactions, security and reliability, decentralization, cross-border payments, and asset issuance. These benefits make it an attractive platform for individuals and businesses that want to participate in the cryptocurrency ecosystem.
Here are the most popular cryptocurrency coins and tokens that operate on the Stellar Network.
Stellar Lumens (XLM)
Stellar Lumens (XLM) is the native cryptocurrency of the Stellar network. It is used as a means of exchange to facilitate transactions on the network. XLM has a market capitalization of over $9 billion, making it one of the most popular cryptocurrencies in the world. It is used by individuals and businesses around the world to make fast, low-cost cross-border payments.
Smartlands (SLT) is a token on the Stellar network that represents ownership in real-world assets, such as real estate, agriculture, and renewable energy projects. It allows investors to gain exposure to these assets without the traditional barriers to entry, such as high fees and minimum investment amounts. Smartlands has partnered with several companies and projects, including a UK-based real estate investment firm and a Lithuanian wind farm.
Anchor USD (USDX)
Anchor USD (USDX) is a stablecoin on the Stellar network that is pegged to the value of the US dollar. It is designed to provide users with a stable store of value and a means of exchange. USDX has a market capitalization of over $23 million and is used by individuals and businesses around the world to make fast, low-cost cross-border payments.
White Standard (WSD)
White Standard (WSD) is a stablecoin on the Stellar network that is pegged to the value of the euro. It is designed to provide users with a stable store of value and a means of exchange. WSD has a market capitalization of over $2 million and is used primarily by users in Europe.
Mobius (MOBI) is a token on the Stellar network that is designed to provide developers with a simple and secure way to integrate cryptocurrency payments into their apps and websites. It allows for fast, low-cost transactions and can be used by businesses in a variety of industries, including gaming, e-commerce, and social media.
SureRemit (RMT) is a token on the Stellar network that is designed to provide a global remittance platform. It allows users to send money to family and friends in over 100 countries, without the traditional high fees and long wait times associated with traditional remittance services.
The Stellar network has a wide range of popular crypto coins and tokens that are used for various purposes, including cross-border payments, stable stores of value, and investments in real-world assets. The above-mentioned coins and tokens are just a few examples of the many digital assets available on the Stellar network, and it is likely that we will see many more in the future as the adoption of blockchain technology continues to grow.
A Few Other Stellar Network Tokens and Coins
As of 2022, there were already hundreds of tokens and coins that run on the Stellar payment network, with more being added on a regular basis. Because the Stellar network is an open platform, anyone can create and issue their own tokens or coins on the network. That means that the actual number of tokens and coins on the network is constantly changing and difficult to track accurately.
Here are some other tokens and coins that are tradeable on Stellar:
- XRP (XRP) – While XRP is primarily known as the native cryptocurrency of the Ripple network, it is also tradeable on the Stellar network.
- Bitbond (BB1) – A security token issued by Bitbond, a German online lending platform.
- Tempo (TEMPO) – A stablecoin pegged to the value of the euro, designed to provide a stable store of value and a means of exchange.
- SolarCoin (SLR) – A token that rewards solar energy producers with SolarCoins based on the amount of energy produced.
- Litecoin (LTC) – A popular cryptocurrency that is also tradeable on the Stellar network.
- Oxygen (OXY) – A token designed to provide a decentralized peer-to-peer lending platform.
You can check the official Stellar Asset list or any of the cryptocurrency exchanges that support Stellar to see the most up-to-date list of tokens and coins that are currently available on the network.
Accessing the Official Stellar Asset List
The official Stellar Asset list a good place to check for Stellar assets, although even this official list can be outdated as new tokens and coins are added to the network.
You can find the official Stellar Asset list on the Stellar Expert website, which is a comprehensive platform for exploring and analyzing the Stellar network. Here are the steps to access the asset list:
- Go to the Stellar Expert website at https://stellar.expert.
- Click on the “Assets” tab in the top navigation bar.
- You can browse the assets by scrolling down the page or by using the search bar to find a specific asset.
- Each asset has a page that provides detailed information, such as the asset code, issuer, total supply, and market capitalization.
- You can also view the trading pairs for each asset, as well as the exchanges where the asset is available.
Keep in mind that this list may not be comprehensive, as new assets are constantly being added to the Stellar network. However, the official Stellar Asset list is a great starting point for exploring the different tokens and coins that are available on the network.
Discovering New Stellar Assets
If you really want to keep up with all of the assets that exist on the Stellar network, including new ones, the official Stellar Asset list won’t quite do it.
There are a few ways to find out about new assets that have been added to the Stellar network, even if they are not yet listed on the official Stellar Asset list. Here are a few options:
- Check cryptocurrency exchanges that support Stellar: Many cryptocurrency exchanges list new assets as soon as they become available, so you can check the Stellar trading pairs on popular exchanges like Binance, Kraken, and Coinbase to see if there are any new assets that have been added to the network.
- Follow Stellar on social media: The Stellar Development Foundation, which oversees the development of the Stellar network, regularly updates its social media channels with news and information about the network. By following Stellar on Twitter or other social media platforms, you can stay up to date on the latest developments and new asset listings.
- Join the Stellar community: The Stellar network has a large and active community of developers, investors, and enthusiasts who are constantly working to improve the network and create new assets. By joining the Stellar community on platforms like Reddit or Telegram, you can connect with other members and stay informed about the latest news and updates.
By using these strategies, you can stay up to date on the latest assets and developments on the Stellar network, even if they have not yet been added to the official Stellar Asset list.